How to segment Ontraport contacts into campaigns, tags and more
ConvertFlow is the all-in-one platform for converting website visitors, and it's built for marketers using Ontraport.
With ConvertFlow's 2-way Ontraport integration, you can unlock the full power of the Ontraport contact API, without coding or waiting on developers.
Here's an overview of what you can do:
- Automatically create and update subscribers in Ontraport
- Map survey responses, quiz selections, drop drop fields, radios, paragraphs and hidden fields to Ontraport custom fields
- Segment Ontraport contact into lists, tags and more upon form submission, button click, survey selection and page visits
- Personalize your website content, popups and messaging for returning Ontraport contact segments
Using automations to segment Ontraport contacts
As you build landing pages, funnels, popups, forms, surveys, sticky bars, quizzes etc in ConvertFlow's visual builder, you can add Ontraport automations to your forms, surveys, buttons and conditional logic, to make requests to the Ontraport contact API.
Using ConvertFlow's automation system, you can add these Ontraport automations to segment contacts:
- Ontraport – Add a tag
- Ontraport – Remove a tag
- Ontraport – Add to campaign
- Ontraport – Remove from campaign
- Form submissions with form elements
- Survey selections with survey elements
- Button clicks with button elements
- Conditional funnel outcomes with conditional actions
Adding Ontraport automations in ConvertFlow
To add a Ontraport automation to a form, survey or button, click on the element in the ConvertFlow visual builder to select it.
Once you've selected it, click on the "Confirmation Actions" button to the right in the builder panel.
The confirmation actions settings modal will display, and now you'll be able to click to "Add automation" below your form's existing automations.
A form to create a new automation will appear. Now, select the type of automation you want to create.
For Ontraport, you'll find these automation types as options in the dropdown.
- Add a tag
- Remove a tag
- Add to campaign
- Remove from campaign
Once you've selected a Ontraport automation type, you'll then be asked for any additional info needed to create the automation. For example, if you select "Add a tag", you'll need to select a tag. Once you've entered the info, click "Create Automation".
Your automation will be saved to your form and it'll be listed with your form's other automations above. To delete an automation, click the "X" icon to the right of it in the automations list.