How to segment Intercom contacts by tags, events and more
ConvertFlow is the all-in-one platform for converting website visitors, and it's built for marketers using Intercom.
With ConvertFlow's 2-way Intercom integration, you can unlock the full power of the Intercom contact API, without coding or waiting on developers.
Here's an overview of what you can do:
- Automatically create and update contacts in Intercom
- Map survey responses, quiz selections, dropdown fields, radios, paragraphs and hidden fields to Intercom custom fields
- Segment Intercom contact by events, tags and more upon form submission, button click, survey selection and page visits
- Personalize your website content, popups and messaging for returning Intercom contact segments
Using automations to segment Intercom contacts
As you build landing pages, funnels, popups, forms, surveys, sticky bars, quizzes etc in ConvertFlow's visual builder, you can add Intercom automations to your forms, surveys, buttons and conditional logic, to make requests to the Intercom contact API.
Using ConvertFlow's automation system, you can add these ActiveCampaign automations to segment contacts:
- Intercom – Add a tag
- Intercom – Remove a tag
- Intercom – Update attribute value
- Intercom – Remove contact from list
- Intercom – Track an event
- Intercom - Trigger messenger
- Form submissions with form elements
- Survey selections with survey elements
- Button clicks with button elements
- Conditional funnel outcomes with conditional actions
Adding Intercom automations in ConvertFlow
To add a Intercom automation to a form, survey or button, click on the element in the ConvertFlow visual builder to select it.
Once you've selected it, click on the "Confirmation Actions" button to the right in the builder panel.
The confirmation actions settings modal will display, and now you'll be able to click to "Add automation" below your form's existing automations.
A form to create a new automation will appear. Now, select the type of automation you want to create.
For Intercom, you'll find these automation types as options in the dropdown.
- Add a tag
- Remove a tag
- Update attribute value
- Track an event
Once you've selected an Intercom automation type, you'll then be asked for any additional info needed to create the automation.
For example, if you select "Add a tag", you'll need to select a tag. Once you've entered the info, click "Create Automation".
Your automation will be saved to your form and it'll be listed with your form's other automations above. To delete an automation, click the "X" icon to the right of it in the automations list.