How to segment HubSpot contacts into lists, workflows, pipelines and more
With ConvertFlow's 2-way HubSpot integration, you can unlock the full power of the HubSpot contact API, without coding or waiting on developers.
Here's an overview of what you can do:
- Automatically create and update contacts in HubSpot
- Map survey responses, quiz selections, drop drop fields, radios, paragraphs and hidden fields to HubSpot custom fields
- Segment HubSpot contacts into lists, workflows and pipelines upon form submission, button click, survey selection and page visits
- Personalize your website content, popups and messaging for returning HubSpot contact segments
Using automations to segment HubSpot contacts
As you build landing pages, funnels, popups, forms, surveys, sticky bars, quizzes etc in ConvertFlow's visual builder, you can add HubSpot automations to your forms, surveys, buttons and conditional logic, to make requests to the HubSpot contact API.
Using ConvertFlow's automation system, you can add these HubSpot automations to segment contacts:
- HubSpot – Submit a form
- HubSpot – Add contact to list
- HubSpot – Remove contact from list
- HubSpot – Add contact to workflow
- HubSpot – Remove contact from workflow
- HubSpot – Update contact property
- HubSpot – Add note to contact
- Form submissions with form elements
- Survey selections with survey elements
- Button clicks with button elements
- Conditional funnel outcomes with conditional actions
Adding HubSpot automations in ConvertFlow
To add a HubSpot automation to a form, survey or button, click on the element in the ConvertFlow visual builder to select it.
Once you've selected it, click on the "Confirmation Actions" button to the right in the builder panel.
The confirmation actions settings modal will display, and now you'll be able to click to "Add automation" below your form's existing automations.
A form to create a new automation will appear. Now, select the type of automation you want to create.
For HubSpot, you'll find these automation types as options in the dropdown.
- Submit a form
- Add contact to list
- Remove contact from list
- Add contact to workflow
- Remove contact from workflow
- Update contact property
- Add note to contact
Once you've selected a HubSpot automation type, you'll then be asked for any additional info needed to create the automation.
For example, if you select "Submit a form", you'll need to select a form. Once you've entered the info, click "Create Automation".
Your automation will be saved to your form and it'll be listed with your form's other automations above. To delete an automation, click the "X" icon to the right of it in the automations list.
ConvertFlow's HubSpot contact site tracking integration
HubSpot form not submitting through ConvertFlow?
You may have recaptcha enabled for the HubSpot form you are having ConvertFlow submit through the API. Enabling recaptcha for the HubSpot form disables API submissions.
To resolve this, either disable recaptcha for the HubSpot form you're having ConvertFlow submit, or create another HubSpot form and have ConvertFlow submit that.