How to segment ConvertKit subscribers into tags, sequences, automations and more
ConvertFlow is the all-in-one platform for converting website visitors, and it's built for marketers using ConvertKit.
With ConvertFlow's 2-way ConvertKit integration, you can unlock the full power of the ConvertKit subscriber API, without coding or waiting on developers.
Here's an overview of what you can do:
- Automatically create and update subscribers in ConvertKit
- Map survey responses, quiz selections, dropdown fields, radios, paragraphs and hidden fields to ConvertKit custom fields
- Segment ConvertKit subscribers into tags, sequences and automations upon form submission, button click, survey selection and page visits
- Personalize your website content, popups and messaging for returning ConvertKit subscriber segments
Using automations to segment ConvertKit subscribers
As you build landing pages, funnels, popups, forms, surveys, sticky bars, quizzes etc in ConvertFlow's visual builder, you can add ConvertKit automations to your forms, surveys, buttons and conditional logic, to make requests to the ConvertKit subscriber API.
Using ConvertFlow's automation system, you can add these ConvertKit automations to segment subscribers:
- ConvertKit – Add a tag (paid tier)
- ConvertKit – Remove a tag (paid tier)
- ConvertKit – Add to sequence
- ConvertKit – Add to form
- Form submissions with form elements
- Survey selections with survey elements
- Button clicks with button elements
- Conditional funnel outcomes with conditional actions
- Page visits with visit goals
Adding ConvertKit automations in ConvertFlow
To add a ConvertKit automation to a form, survey or button, click on the element in the ConvertFlow visual builder to select it.
Once you've selected it, click on the "Confirmation Actions" button to the right in the builder panel.
The confirmation actions settings modal will display, and now you'll be able to click to "Add automation" below your form's existing automations.
A form to create a new automation will appear. Now, select the type of automation you want to create.
For ConvertKit, you'll find these automation types as options in the dropdown.
- Add a tag
- Remove a tag
- Add to sequence
- Add to form
Once you've selected a ConvertKit automation type, you'll then be asked for any additional info needed to create the automation.
For example, if you select "Add to sequence", you'll need to select a list. Once you've entered the info, click "Create Automation".
Your automation will be saved to your form and it'll be listed with your form's other automations above. To delete an automation, click the "X" icon to the right of it in the automations list.